Website Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP, a global Am Law 50 firm, has an immediate opening for a Legal Recruiting Assistant in our San Francisco office.
As a member of the Sheppard Mullin’s Entry-Level Recruiting Team, the Recruiting Assistant will support the San Francisco and Silicon Valley (Menlo Park) offices on all aspects of entry-level recruiting processes, including on-campus recruiting, the summer associate program, and campus relations; as well as provide administrative support to the firmwide Entry-Level Legal Recruiting team, including Legal Recruiting Coordinators, the Legal Recruiting Manager and Director of Legal Recruiting. Additional responsibilities include assistance with Talent Management goals related to professional development and diversity and inclusion.
- Assist with on-campus interviews (OCI), including but not limited to OCI registrations, interviewer identification and selection, interviewer materials preparation, and reception/dinner planning.
- Track follow-up with candidates and lawyers.
- Assist with all aspects of summer associate program including onboarding, orientation, and planning and attending all events.
- Arrange event logistics including transportation, invitations, tracking RSVPs and creating nametags.
- Serve as summer program contact for specific practice groups, maintaining evaluation files for the summer associates and working with practice group assignment and social coordinators to ensure positive summer associate experiences.
- Schedule callback interviews for summer associate candidates.
- Distribute interview schedules through viRecruit.
- Greet and escort candidates to interviews.
- Generate offer letters and decline emails.
- Assist with on-campus outreach to student organizations, including tracking, planning and attending events for first-year law students.
- Schedule mock interviews for 1L students.
- Assist with preparation of reports and materials for Recruiting Committee meetings.
- Process and track expense vouchers and invoices.
- Review and organize the recruiting department email inbox.
- Enter resumes into viRecruit and generate follow-up correspondence as appropriate.
- Assist with lateral application interview scheduling and viRecruit updates as needed.
- Order and maintain giveaways for students and lawyers.
- Administrative support including arranging conference rooms and catering reservations and general filing.
Essential Functions Of Job
- Must be able to handle multiple projects.
- Attentive to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral; appreciation of need for confidentiality.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and processes.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Team oriented.
- Proactive with ability to take initiative when required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Exhibit The Following Qualifications
- 1-2+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel while demonstrating a professional and service- oriented demeanor
- Ability to prioritize work and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent judgment and respect for confidentiality