Website Perkins Coie, LLP
At Perkins Coie, we look for self-motivated individuals, dedicated to providing value and superior service, and above all, have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work. We have created a company culture based on collaboration, devotion to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm and throughout our collective communities. Work with one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For and receive great health insurance, tuition reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals.
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager of Lateral Partner Recruitment, the Lateral Partner Recruitment Coordinator will support the legal recruitment process for lateral partners and senior counsel firmwide. The Coordinator will provide administrative and project management support to the Lateral Partner Recruitment team, Practice Group and Subgroup Chairs, and Office Managing Partners related to hiring initiatives. Assist in maintaining all databases, candidate updates to practice/office leaders, and tracking systems to ensure lateral recruitment is executed appropriately.
These essential functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Assist with the administrative legal recruitment process of all lateral partners and senior counsel firmwide.
- Assist in entering and maintaining the recruiting database, including entry of resubmissions, interview information and schedules, and reporting for all lateral partner submissions.
- Ensure the accuracy of information in viRecruit and OneNote.
- Assist with compiling weekly status reports for Practice Group Chairs, Office
- Managing Partners, and the firm’s Management Committee.
- Manage search firm agreement tracking and updates to the database regarding search firms. Assist in managing standard processes for agreement tracking.
- Assist with facilitating and scheduling a high volume of interviews of varying levels.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service to both internal and external “clients,” including lateral partner candidates, Perkins Coie partners and management, and external recruiters.
- Provide solutions to complex problems, often on very tight deadlines, to keep the process moving forward and running seamlessly.
- Liaise with the Diligence Team, Analytics Team, Professional Standards, conflicts attorneys, Benefits department, third-party background screening company, and Library Manager on critical process matters.
- Provide department project management support on an ad-hoc basis, including the bi-annual Lateral Partner review process, tracking regional lateral moves, creating confidential documents, and department process organization and improvement.
- Process recruiting expenses and invoices, prepare disbursements and maintain department subscription spreadsheets and other administrative duties.
- Be available during regularly scheduled working hours and as needed in the job position, including availability during the early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed to cover the group’s coast-to-coast needs and consistent with the firm’s attendance expectations.
- Perform other duties, as assigned. Assist with team ad-hoc projects as needed.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
Ability to establish effective working relationships throughout operational groups. Proven ability to work effectively under time constraints; must be able to organize and implement detailed and complex projects; requires strong computer skills. Ability to express self effectively, both orally and in writing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BA degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or a related field is preferred, and a minimum of 2 years of law firm experience. Superb organization skills; ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously; flexibility and professionalism.
This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid time off plan starting at 20 days annually, personal medical and parental leave, up to ten paid Holidays, and family care benefits. More information regarding benefits and programs may be found here.
This position may be filled in the following location(s). The compensation depends on qualifications and experience.
San Francisco Bay Area compensation range: $73,370 to $107,380 annually
New York compensation range: $66,700 to $97,610 annually
Seattle compensation range: $60,640 to $88,740 annually