Website O'Melveny & Myers LLP
It’s more than what you do: it’s how you do it. That’s why O’Melveny is counsel of choice to an ever-expanding list of market leaders. Opportunity at O’Melveny means working alongside diverse, dynamic, and team-oriented colleagues on evolving issues and opportunities for prominent clients around the world. It’s a place to build a rewarding career by tackling new challenges; being appreciated, included, and supported; and creating lasting connections.
With approximately 850 lawyers on three continents, more than 40 practice and industry service areas, and strong cultural ties to all our locations, O’Melveny is a global law firm with a local feel. At our core, you’ll find a dedication to excellence, a drive to lead and innovate, and a deep sense of civic responsibility.
So, tell us. What do you want to achieve? Visit us at www.omm.com or learn more in our firm at-a-glance, year-end highlights, and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
At O’Melveny, we know our commitment to DE&I is a true differentiator—a fundamental requirement of a healthy business and a key to its success. We want our firm to be a place where all people can enjoy a sense of belonging and feel empowered to contribute and grow. The diverse perspectives and experiences that our people bring to their work drive innovation and excellence. They create a vibrant and dynamic workforce that make us uniquely prepared to serve our clients. At O’Melveny, we are proud of our achievements, but diversity and inclusion is a work in progress. It always will be because our profession, our firm, our clients, and their issues keep changing. So must we.
O’Melveny has an immediate opening for an Sr Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator in our Silicon Valley office. This position will work closely with the Recruiting and Development Manager, the local hiring partner and local office head to provide support in the recruitment, integration and retention of attorneys and summer associates for the SV office.
The salary range in CA for this role is $85,000 – $95,000 and represents the firm’s good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at the time of posting. The actual compensation offered to a candidate will be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Recruiting and Development Manager to implement effective recruiting strategies and searches.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of the attorney recruitment process, including on-campus recruiting and the callback interview process.
- Coordinate the search process and recruitment of lateral attorneys to meet practice needs.
- Coordinate preparation for and execution of our summer associate program.
- Handle onboarding, new attorney orientation, and exit procedures and interviews for attorneys.
- Understand and track the annual attorney recruiting and development budget for the SV office.
Professional Development Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute the attorney review process, helping to ensure attorneys receive timely and meaningful feedback.
- Coordinate and implement the mentor program for first-year associates and key elements of other associate mentoring programs
- Facilitate and support attorney trainings and CLE
- Regularly articulate and promote talent development programs to attorneys. Build awareness, understanding, and support for the Firm’s talent development initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- A four year college degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of attorney recruiting and/or attorney development experience (preferably in a large law firm environment) or professional services experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Superior technical skills and the ability to consider and analyze data and how it can be best utilized for the firm’s talent development efforts.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent follow-up skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates should be proactive and comfortable dealing with all levels of leadership.
- Experience with LawCruit and Workday or other applicant tracking system is strongly preferred.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information, or to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.omm.com. Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. EOE M/F/D/V. No phone inquiries please.