Website Debevoise & Plimpton
San Francisco Office
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is a premier law firm with market-leading practices, a global perspective and strong New York roots. Our clients look to us to bring a distinctively high degree of quality, intensity and creativity to resolve legal challenges effectively and cost efficiently. We believe in hiring talented, dedicated and highly motivated individuals as members of our Professional Staff. We draw on the strength of our culture and structure to deliver the best of our firm to our lawyers and clients through true collaboration.
The firm is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant who will provide senior-level support to two to three Partners and will be the point person for several other Lawyers (Counsels and Associates). The role is based in San Francisco, CA and will report to the Director, West Coast Strategy & Operations.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual with a client service mindset who is eager to use business development and project management skills in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proactively support Partners/Lawyers’ client, practice and business development activities and outreach.
• Provide administrative support to two to three Partners and several Lawyers (Counsels and Associates).
• Participate in fostering a culture that is team-oriented and committed to the highest levels of client service and professional excellence.
Business Development/Client Impact:
• Understand business development and client priorities of each supported Partner/Lawyer.
• Maintain and update current list of contacts and business activities in CRM/Interaction database.
• Keep track of clients and other contacts and proactively work with Partners/Lawyers to schedule calls and meetings with them.
• Build relationship with clients and client assistants.
• Execute requested follow up calls with clients.
• Schedule client entertainment and assist with local event management.
• Assist with preparing materials for use in meetings, pitches and proposals.
• Undertake research in support of Partners/Lawyers’ business development as directed.
• A minimum of three years of relevant experience as an executive-level assistant in a law firm, professional services firm or other corporate environment.
• Strong interest and/or industry knowledge and background in Finance, Technology or Media or relevant legal experience.
• A great sense of client service and comfortable working in a high pace environment.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel and experience with CRM system. Knowledge of Interaction, a +.
• Excellent project management and analytical skills.
• Strong presentation and writing
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to interact credibly, diplomatically and effectively with all levels within the firm and with clients
• Ability to work a hybrid schedule that includes four (4) days on-site in the office and one (1) day working remotely.
• An undergraduate degree or relevant professional or industry experience is required.
Debevoise & Plimpton LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected category in accordance with U.S. law.