Dentons is currently recruiting for a Legal Recruitment Manager to support our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Silicon Valley and Phoenix. The position will be based in the San Francisco, Oakland or Silicon Valley office. The Legal Recruitment Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of attorney recruiting from entry-level law students and associates to partners, with the main focus of the role on lateral partner and lateral associate hiring. The Manager works closely with the Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leadership, Chief Practice Officer, Office Administrators and wider Legal Recruitment team to fill hiring needs. The successful candidate will have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates must be able to juggle multiple responsibilities while working independently and demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness and discretion given the highly confidential nature of the recruiting process.
- Maintain current knowledge of the in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, San Diego, Silicon Valley and Phoenix legal markets and trends.
- Serve as ambassador for the Firm in interactions with potential candidates, search firms, and law schools.
- Build strong relationships with Partners and across regions of the Firm.
- Formulate job descriptions for active attorney searches and facilitate searches.
- Manage all aspects of the interview process including: scheduling interviews, collecting evaluation feedback, processing conflict and background checks, manage offer decision process and preparing offer letters.
- Through a strong understanding of the practices and recruiting needs, screen and communicate with practice leadership and search firms regarding potential candidates.
- Work closely with external search firm contacts promoting the Firm, our hiring needs, and demonstrate a high level of responsiveness.
- Facilitate and drive forward into relevant teams, all checks for candidates including conflicts.
- Attend recruiting events and maintain local office recruiting budgets.
- Assist with Firm wide recruiting initiatives.
- Lead and support Partners proactively through all stages of the recruiting process. Work closely with Practice Heads to navigate final stages around approval and offer.
- Provides oversight of the West Coast summer associate programs.
- Assist with processing candidates in new markets in the region.
- Other duties may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum five years of experience with all aspects of the legal recruitment process including direct experience with lateral partner hiring.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with Lawcruit database strongly preferred.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a strong commitment to client service and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Possess confidence and the capability to interact with the Firm's Practice Group Leadership on a regular basis.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- This is an exempt position and occasional work outside of business hours will be required.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To apply please go to our careers page: https://www.dentons.com/en/careers/careers-in-the-united-states/business-services-in-the-united-states/2018/march/legal-recruitment-manager-san-francisco-or-silicon-valley.