The Attorney Recruiting Administrator is responsible for coordinating law student and lateral attorney (nonpartner) recruiting for the office as well as orientation and integration activities for summer associates and lateral attorney (nonpartner) hires. This position works with oversight from an Attorney Recruiting Manager resident in another office.
Law Student Recruiting
- Coordinate on-campus recruiting at local law schools and support firmwide recruiting at national law schools. Provide initial review of law student resumes and initial recommendations regarding those who should be considered. Recommend interviewers, coordinate interview schedules, and compile and distribute interviewer evaluations.
- Coordinate office summer program, including pre-arrival and orientation activities, event planning and administrative support for work allocation and evaluation process.
- Provide administrative support to the office hiring committee and summer program committee.
- Coordinate advertisement of open positions. Communicate lateral hiring needs to preferred search firms. Provide initial review for lateral candidate resumes and initial recommendations regarding recommend those who should be considered. Recommend interviewers, coordinate interview schedules, and compile and distribute interviewer evaluations. Recommend offer terms where such terms are standard.
Pre-arrival & Integration Activities
- Coordinate pre-arrival activities for new associates – including fall associates and lateral hires. Coordinate communication regarding bar exam registration, bar review course registration, bar stipends or leaves, reciprocal bar admission and relocation. For fall associates, coordinate start dates in collaboration with practice group leaders and practice group business managers. Coordinate orientation and integration activities.
Recruiting – General
- Under supervision of recruiting manager, support development of appropriate budget for office recruiting efforts.
- Provide administrative support for office hiring, diversity and attorney development committees.
The ideal candidate will possess outstanding organizational, communication and critical thinking skills. They must have a demonstrated commitment to the legal recruiting profession. The position requires bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of experience in attorney recruiting, attorney professional development, or relevant field, including working collaboratively in a multi-office law firm. Experience coordinating law student fall recruiting, summer associate programs, lateral associate recruiting, and new attorney pre-arrival and integration activities is required. Experience with Workday and a viRecruit applicant tracking system is preferred. Experience recruiting for patent prosecution and patent litigation is highly desirable. Experience in law school career services is beneficial.
Please apply online at: https://www.perkinscoie.com/en/about-us/careers/professional-staff/job-listings/attorney-recruiting-administrator-job-s20180323-san-diego-ca.html