About Kirkland & Ellis
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms. Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development, Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of co-workers.
Essential Job Functions
The San Francisco office is seeking an Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator to provide support to the SF and PA office attorney recruiting and professional development department.
Essential Job Responsibilities include:
- Coordination of Kirkland in-house training programs for the Bay Area offices, state mandated CLE, and firm-wide initiatives
- Maintenance of CEManager database, statistics, and calendar updates
- Assist with local attorney recruiting efforts for the San Francisco Office
- Provide assistance with the Women's Leadership Initiative and Diversity programming for the San Francisco and Palo Alto offices
- Provide support for the associates, committee, Colleagues for Life initiative, alumni engagement efforts, diversity and women's leadership initiative programs
- Collect information and monitor California Bar membership as well as submit annual California Bar dues for attorneys in San Francisco and Palo Alto and will assist local attorneys with other state bar reporting requirements.
- Coordinate attorney events and happy hours for the San Francisco and Palo Alto offices
- Coordinate New Attorney and Summer Associate Directory for the San Francisco and Palo Alto offices
- Assist with Associate Review Process as needed
- Coordinate and track attorney bar dues, bar exam fees, and bar review course payments
- Other general duties as assigned by the Director of Attorney Recruiting and Professional Development in the SF & PA offices
Qualifications & Requirements
The Attorney Recruiting and Development team is looking for someone who has 2+ years of experience in recruiting, attorney training and/or professional development, or law firm human resources. Professional services or law firm experience and a 4 year degree is preferred. Ideal candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships among lawyers. S/he will be highly organized, possess excellent proofreading and communication skills, strong coordination and teamwork skills, the ability to manage a number of projects concurrently, and strong problem-solving and customer service skills. This position requires a proactive approach and the ability to work "hands-on" as required. The individual must have or develop strong familiarity with California CLE rules, and the ability to communicate with attorneys regarding same. Technical experience should include proficiency in law office software including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and CLE tracking software. Ability to work overtime and flexibility of schedule is required.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP: http://staffjobsus.kirkland.com/jobs/2341487-attorney-recruiting-and-development-coordinator. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click "Apply Now."
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP ("K&E") and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates, you will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.