Director, Attorney Recruiting
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is the premier legal advisor to technology, life sciences, and other growth enterprises worldwide. We represent companies at every stage of development, from entrepreneurial start-ups to multibillion-dollar global corporations, as well as the venture firms, private equity firms, and investment banks that finance and advise them. The firm has approximately 950 attorneys in 16 offices: 11 in the U.S., three in China, and two in Europe. Our broad spectrum of practices and entrepreneurial spirit allow our staff exceptional opportunities for professional achievement and career growth.
The firm’s professional recruiters collaborate with the firm’s lawyers to recruit over 150 lateral associates and law students every year. The firm is now seeking to hire a Director of Attorney Recruiting to lead the attorney recruiting team and oversee all lateral non-partner attorney and law student hiring at the firm. The position will report to the firm’s Chief Operating Officer and would ideally be based in Palo Alto, and could also be based in Austin, Boston, New York, San Diego, Seattle, or Washington D.C.
- Develop and implement strategies, programs, and processes for achieving the firm’s associate, counsel, and law student hiring goals.
- Oversee lateral associate and counsel recruiting, including working with department and practice group leaders to determine lateral hiring targets, developing strategies for sourcing, attracting, hiring, and integrating talented and diverse lawyers, and cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with search firms.
- Oversee law school recruiting, including setting goals with firm and department management, working with the firm’s hiring and recruiting committees to achieve those goals, managing an extensive on-campus brand-building program, cultivating relationships with law school career services staff, and overseeing law student interviews, the summer associate program, and fall associate onboarding.
- Develop compelling marketing materials, including the careers site, social media, handouts, and other types of communication.
- Collect market intelligence, conduct research, and assess trends related to attorney recruiting; develop and implement strategies and tactics to capitalize on those trends.
- Analyze recruiting results and develop and implement innovations and process improvements to enhance those results.
- Work with the firm’s diversity & inclusion team to develop and implement diversity recruiting initiatives.
- Lad the attorney recruiting department; draft and manage the attorney recruiting budget.
Qualifications, preferred background, and desired professional skills
- Bachelor’s degree required. A JD and several years of law practice experience are preferred.
- At least ten years of recruiting management experience is required; prior experience as an attorney recruiting director is a significant plus.
- Demonstrated track record as a trusted advisor and operational manager.
- Strong leadership, relationship, problem-solving, organization, planning, and communications skills.
- Positive, high-energy attitude.
- Creativity in developing solutions given practical constraints.
- Ability to work effectively across geographies and in a busy, dynamic, and collaborative work environment.
- Great work ethic.
Please have applicants submit their materials to: LeeAnn Gilbert at [email protected]