Our Attorney Recruiting department has an opening for a Recruiting Coordinator who will be responsible for all aspects of the lateral attorney, temporary attorney and patent agent recruiting process. This position also assists with the fall recruiting, summer program, law school outreach programs and special projects and activities related to the recruitment of attorneys to the Firm. This position requires travel to the Mountain View office as needed.
- Handle applicant correspondence, including processing all incoming resumes, which includes checking for prior submission, entering into Workday and updating materials.
- Process invoices for payment using appropriate billing accounts. Handle check requests and departmental invoices when applicable.
- Update recruiting calendar and contacts.
- Schedule and coordinate candidate interviews: confirm appointments, assemble informational folders, prepare and scan resumes, evaluation forms and interview schedules. Schedule call-back interviews and greeting recruits. Gather interview evaluations and prepare candidate evaluation packets for the Hiring Committee. Follow up on Hiring Committee decisions (initiate letters to applicants, update records, monitor follow-up calls to applicants).
- Handle all offer correspondence and new hire processing, including, but not limited to, initiating background requests and conflicts checks.
- Coordinate expense and cost sharing for all candidates. Maintain expense records, initiate and process reimbursement requests for payment.
- Update and maintain attorney databases, including LawCruit, Workday, recruiting database and other spreadsheets.
- Assist with Summer Associate Work Assignment System, track evaluations, follow-up with attorneys, coordinate mid-summer and exit reviews.
- Work closely with Recruiting department team members on various programs, meetings and events, including the coordination of all arrangements, mailings and marketing for programs, presentations and receptions.
- Coordinate all hiring and pre-arrival actions for lateral attorneys, including reference checks, conflicts submittals, California bar and relocation.
- Produce correspondence and generate LawCruit and Workday reports.
- Act as a liaison with lateral hires, coordinating new hire paperwork, start dates and relocation as needed.
- Arrange first-week orientation and integration activities.
- Staff and manage temporary document review needs of the Firm, including, but not limited to, requesting conflicts checks, processing hires into Workday and maintaining the temporary attorney’s status throughout the review engagement.
- Collaborate with Partner and Co-Chair of Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice to onboard Privacy and Cybersecurity Advisors: running conflicts and background checks, drafting and finalizing offer letters, completing the hire process through Workday and coordinating first day hire information.
- Draft and finalize all other temporary attorney offer letters.
- Assist with the Firm’s attorney vacation program, handling leases and coordinating attorney vacation program.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the attorney recruiting processes.
- Flexible with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing work situations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of Firm personnel as well as outside clients, including search firms and vendors.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and creative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and applicant tracking systems such as Workday and Lawcruit.
Reporting to the Manager of Attorney Recruiting, the ideal candidate will have 2 years of recruiting experience, preferably in a law firm environment. A bachelor’s degree or equivalence in education and/or experience desired.