Located in the Palo Alto, CA office of Simpson Thacher, the Legal Recruiting & Associate Life Assistant is responsible for supporting attorney recruiting efforts, the summer associate program, event planning throughout the year, attorney professional development, and various administrative tasks. It is a cyclical role with longer working hours during summer months for our summer associate program and our peak on-campus recruiting season. Excellent compensation and benefits package, including paid overtime. Office has a gym, Café, monthly happy hours, etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading international law firm with a dynamic, fast-paced environment. With approximately 80 attorneys and a total of 120 employees, the Palo Alto office has all of the resources of a large firm with the cohesiveness and collegiality of a more moderately sized office. The recruiting team works closely with everyone in the office as well as potential candidates, so it is important to have strong communication skills, be self-motivated and have impeccable attention to detail.
- Assist with Summer Associate Program by attending and helping to plan weekly social events, preparing onboarding paperwork and orientation materials, maintaining a database of assignments for Summer Associates and gathering and compiling attorney feedback for Summer Associate performance evaluations.
- Assist with on-campus and in-office attorney interviews by maintaining a candidate database with a heavy volume of applicants, scheduling attorneys in-office interviews, preparing materials for recruiting events and meetings, attending and keeping organized records of recruiting meetings and tracking student expense reimbursements.
- Assist with attorney professional development by preparing for CLE (continuing legal education) trainings throughout the week, tracking attorney vacation accruals, preparing onboarding paperwork and orientation materials for new attorneys and helping to be a resource for attorneys to go to for questions.
- Assist with various administrative tasks as needed, including planning and attending office parties and events throughout the year, preparing expense reports and coordinating meetings and catering.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced setting, have excellent skills in written and verbal communication, organizational ability, be detail oriented and able to prioritize and complete multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Flexible to work overtime, when needed (mostly from May-August)
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in a Professional Services office environment preferred
- 1 year of recruiting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
To apply, visit here.