Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a full service law firm with more than 500 lawyers practicing in offices across the United States. We are looking for an assertive and influential West Coast recruiting leader to join our Lawyer Recruiting team. The ideal candidate thrives in high-visibility roles where they can be strategic and impactful. If you are passionate about people and relationships and are service focused, resilient, adaptable, highly collaborative, a strategic thinker, and a natural at connecting the dots, we are eager to hear from you. This position will support the Director of Lawyer Recruiting.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Director of Lawyer Recruiting and law firm leaders to advance strategic hiring initiatives in the California market. Monthly travel will be required.
- Guide lateral candidates through the recruiting process to ensure their experience is representative of the Firm's standards of excellence.
- Collaborate with Practice Group Chairs and Partners-in-Charge to develop prospective candidate profiles. Coordinate resources to identify candidates who match the profile and determine method of contact and relevant follow-up.
- Manage due diligence and offer process. Draft offers and present compensation packages. Prepare lateral hire packets for partner candidates presented to the Executive Committee and Partnership.
- Partner with colleagues to identify and attract diverse lawyer candidates and advance the firm’s diversity recruiting efforts. Participation in outreach events will be required.
- Develop and drive innovative sourcing methods to build proactive talent pipelines. Proactively create a sourcing plan for open positions, including the identification and management of external sources for those open positions. Strategically distribute open position announcements utilizing external sources.
- Lead all facets of lateral associate recruiting for California.
- Effectively manage contact with candidates, including discussion of recruitment process. Work with Recruiting Assistant or Coordinator to arrange interviews.
- Partner closely with key colleagues, including Professional Development, Practice Management and Office Administrators, to exercise timely sharing of information and recruiting best practices. Communicate at key points in the recruitment process to ensure newly hired lawyers experience a seamless transition and successful integration.
- Perform other projects as assigned.
Join us if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree. JD strongly preferred.
- 5+ years’ work experience as a legal recruiter in California required, preferably in an agency environment recruiting partners and demonstrated knowledge of current law firm industry trends in those markets. Strong relationships and connections in those legal markets strongly valued.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing in a professional, courteous manner with lawyers, firm members, professional staff and other business contacts.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive workstyle with the ability to execute against the agreed recruitment strategy.
- Shrewd skills in anticipating issues and diplomatically driving initiatives to achieve results.
- The exceptional ability to prioritize and advance projects, work under pressure, and meet deadlines in a timely and organized manner.
- Public relations skills and ability to represent the firm in a professional manner.
- The demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and creative problem solving skills.
- An ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated writing ability and excellent grammar, spelling and proofreading skills are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products, i.e. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to feel and reach with hands and arms and frequently required to sit, stand, walk and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities.
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP believes that embracing diversity and inclusion brings out the best of what each individual has to offer and inspires us to build strong and lasting connections with each other, our clients, and our communities. We are committed to promoting a diverse workforce and inclusive environment where every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. It is our policy to hire, promote, transfer, terminate, and make all employment-related decisions without regard to an employee’s sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religious creed, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, military condition, military or veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal laws.
To apply click here.
To apply click here.