Fenwick & West is a top-tier law firm with an open and inclusive culture. With more than 300 attorneys and 400 employees in the Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Seattle and New York, we work with companies on the cutting edge of technology, life sciences and cleantech. For more than four decades, our Firm has helped some of the world's most recognized companies become and remain market leaders. We are proud to have been named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for the twelfth year
FLEX by Fenwick is a service provided by the law firm Fenwick & West LLP that offers in-house legal support to fast-growing high technology companies. The Recruiter will oversee the hiring process of the FLEX attorney bench and manages the retention, professional development and community involvement of the FLEX roster.
- Develop recruiting and hiring goals and a comprehensive plan on meeting the goals
- Manage the hiring process, including creating job descriptions and developing a job posting strategy, evaluating resumes, phone screening attorney candidates, gathering interview feedback from client development team, assessing the legal skills of the candidates through testing process, providing judgment calls regarding conflicts concerns, and reviewing and setting compensatio
- Build significant professional relationships with attorneys on the FLEX roster and act as the main point of contact/liaison for the FLEX attorney community
- Act as the main point person related to HR policy matters.
- In conjunction with Marketing department, develop a communication plan and communicate regularly with the FLEX attorney roster (with an emphasis on in-person and phone communications, but also through emails, standard mailings, website, group discussion leadership, blogging and other social media means, as appropriate) to develop brand affiliation and affinity with FLEX counsel attorneys on professional development matters, and solicit recommendations on improvements to the FLEX program from the attorney population, etc.
- Communicate with attorneys to ensure the effective resolution of attorney issues as they arise.
- Support the client development efforts by making recommendations of attorneys for projects that the attorneys are interested in pursuing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- In-depth understanding of areas of legal practice and attorney’s specific legal skill sets and experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to adjust communication style to suit the situation.
- Remain productive, efficient, conscientious and collaborative under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated; works well within a team environment and communicates appropriately in all professional settings
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to comprehend complex legal and technical language.
- Reporting to the General Manager of FLEX, the ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of recruiting, professional development or HR experience; or a position managing professionals with demonstrable hiring, recruiting and networking experience. This individual will have extensive knowledge of the legal industry and legal practice areas and preferably will have a degree in law.
To be fully considered for this position, please apply directly online: http://www.fenwick.com/pages/Careers-Professional-Staff.aspx