Goodwin’s West Coast Talent Acquisition Team is growing!
Make an impact at Goodwin,a global 50 law firm with a history of working on groundbreaking matters, and an increasingly focused approach to working with clients in the financial, private equity, real estate, technology and life sciences industries. Our more than 1,000 corporate and litigation attorneys leverage their specific experience and assemble full-service teams to advise clients in these and adjacent industries
As the West Coast Talent Acquisition Specialist coordinates the on-campus recruiting process, the summer program, lateral associate hiring and assists with law school relations.This role reports to the West Coast Talent Acquisition Manager. Along with the Manager, the Specialist is a “face of the firm” for California attorney hires, and is called upon to ensure recruiting efforts and initiatives run smoothly and consistently.
What you do:
- Lateral Associate Recruiting: Assist Talent Acquisition Manager to devise strategy to proactively build pipeline. Oversees data input and status of recruitment activity in LawCruit. Arrange interviews, handle approval process, prepare offer letters while delivering exceptional service to candidates, search firms and internal firm employees.
- On-Campus Recruiting: Plan and execute on-campus and call-back interviews. Evaluate resumes, participate in strategy planning, and provide statistical reporting for weekly hiring committee meetings. Attend hospitality suites and organize materials for on-campus interviewers.
- Summer Program: Manage summer programs which includes event planning, work assignment allocation, coordinating work evaluations and processing final reviews. Other responsibilities include assisting with orientation, offers, tracking attendance at events, working with outside vendors, etc.
- Law School Relations: Work with the Law School Relations Manager regarding OCI process, effective recruitment methods, candidate-specific issues, sponsorship and other proposals for firm participation at law schools. Act as lead organizer for student groups and Career Services Office-led activities.
- Firm wide Initiatives & Ad Hoc Projects: Along with the Talent Acquisition Manager, the Specialist works closely with the Training and Professional Development team to support firm wide recruiting, retention, and diversity initiatives. Assist with ad hoc projects and initiatives as needed.
- Statistical & Other Reporting Responsibilities: Oversees preparation and compilation of legal hiring statistics book, and other statistical information throughout the year. Assists with dissemination of information to relevant members of firm leadership. Assist the Sr. Manager with updating necessary statistical data needed for surveys and reporting materials to Management, the Hiring Committee, and Human Resources, when necessary.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience, preferably in law firm or professional services firm. Prior law firm recruitment experience or law school career services experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload. Must be able to handle pressure, extended hours (if requested), and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel, as well as others outside of the firm.
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills, and ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Willingness to participate in weeknight events required.
- Occasional travel required.
Goodwin Procter LLP is an equal opportunity employer. This means that Goodwin Procter LLP considers applicants for employment, and makes employment decisions without unlawful regard to sex, race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, age, marital or domestic partner/civil union status, military service, or veteran status, physical and mental disability, and any other characteristic covered by applicable federal, state or local nondiscrimination law
Please note: Various agencies of the United States government require employers to collect information on applicants and employees. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) and certain clients request us to keep track of certain aggregate information regarding lawyers. EEO information requested on this application is for purposes of compliance with these recordkeeping and reporting requirements and to determine recruiting and employment patterns. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.