Address: Three Embarcadero Center San Francisco, CA 9411
The Talent Development Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Talent Development Manager based in the San Francisco Office.
The Talent Development Manager oversees law school outreach initiatives; the summer associate program; and summer associate, lateral associate, entry-level associate, and judicial clerk recruiting processes for the Bay Area offices. The Talent Development Manager will report to the Firmwide Director of Attorney recruiting and will primarily focus on Attorney Recruiting initiatives, but will also have Diversity & Inclusion, Legal Personnel, and Professional Development responsibilities. The Talent Development Manager will work closely with the Chair of the Bay Area Hiring Committee and the Firmwide Hiring Committee Co-Chairs to help determine and accomplish the Hiring Committee’s goals and objectives. The Talent Development Manager will assist the Firmwide Director of Attorney Recruiting with associate recruiting efforts for other offices as needed.
• A minimum of four years of prior attorney recruiting and/or professional development experience at a law firm is required.
• A bachelor’s degree is required.
• Exceptional judgment, flexibility and professionalism, and the ability to lead effectively while being a team player.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills in a fast-paced environment are required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize while maintaining high attention to detail and quality.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and database experience is required.
• Strong technology skills and a familiarity with recruiting databases (i.e., viRecruit and Symplicity) are preferred.
• Experience with preparing statistical analyses and monitoring budgets is preferred.
• Flexibility with handling a variety of tasks.
• Additional hours, weekend work and travel will be required, especially during the summer and fall months.
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our Firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.