The Associate Professional Development Specialist will provide support for professional development initiatives and performance management firm-wide. This includes preparation of reports and data analysis as well as research into and reporting on industry best practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide support to all associate relations & morale initiatives including: Firm-wide Associates Committee, Talent Award Programs, Exceptional Teachers Award Process, exit interviews, new associate orientation, special retreats, training and morale events.
- Supports all aspects of the associate & counsel evaluation processes.
- Coordinate and facilitate the upward review process.
- Monitor and report on population trends (arrivals, departures, attrition, etc.).
- Monitor and report on trends in the market as it relates to performance reviews and feedback processes.
- Support Diversity and Inclusion activities as needed.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the Firm’s policies and procedures as it relates to performance ratings, critical skills competencies and advancement. Manage other projects and initiatives of the Talent Team to foster a supportive, high performance culture.
- Interface with other firm departments (practice group administration, diversity and inclusion, recruiting, human resources, etc.).
- Perform any and all duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for the efficient functioning of the department, office and firm.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Strong follow through.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize projects and coordinate own work.
- Knowledge of the Firm’s policies and procedures.
- Capable of working within deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Good grammar, vocabulary, and reading comprehension.
- Highly analytical.
- Ability to solve problems and be forward thinking.
- Ability to work with a team of highly-skilled professionals in situations that require diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to stay focused while meeting strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to maintain a good rapport with various personnel at all levels.
- Project management skills, detail-oriented, and financial and statistical reporting skills required.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and database management systems.
- Familiarity with viDesktop preferred.
- Willingness to travel to domestic locations if needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree - required
- At least two years of professional development experience in a national or international Law Firm preferred.
Additional Job Description
- This position operates in a professional office environment which is generally free of hazards and exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- This position requires regular attendance on-site at a Dechert location with some travel to different sites using various modes of private and commercial transportation. Incumbents may be required to work extended hours including evenings and weekends.
- This position routinely operates standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopy machines, fax machines and filing cabinets, and requires frequent communication with the firm’s employees and partners as well as third parties.
- This position is mainly sedentary. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to read, sit and type for sustained periods of time; to walk, stand, reach, and bend; to open and close filing cabinets and access and retrieve materials in file rooms; to lift, carry and move files or other items of light to moderate weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- This position requires a normal audio range, with or without correction. It also requires the normal visual range, with or without correction. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.