The Law School Relations Manager will act as a liaison between the Firm and law school career services personnel and students. The Law School Relations Manager will be responsible for: registering all Goodwin offices for on campus recruiting, working with the career service personnel and student groups to increase the firm’s presence, promote our diversity initiatives and publicize our diversity fellowship. This position will require frequent travel to all Goodwin Procter US offices, as well as traveling to represent the firm at recruiting events and visiting law school career service offices. The Law School Relations Manager will also manage the firm’s external website and liaise with the firm’s marketing department to determine appropriate marketing material and publicity for our targeted law schools and law students. The Law School Relations Manager will also be responsible for managing the budget for the recruiting efforts for each of the law schools where the firm recruits.
- Responsible for firm-wide relationship with law schools nationwide including strategic outreach, designing and organizing attorney/student programming, enhancing existing law school relationships and increasing student pipeline for recruiting purposes.
- Initiate, plan, and track firm-wide recruiting initiative to reinvigorate on-campus recruiting processes.
- Create and maintain statistical yearly analysis to demonstrate success of programming.
- Oversee annual NALP, Chambers, VAULT diversity and other survey updates.
- Facilitate firm’s job fair and on-campus interview programs, prepare statistical reports regarding on-campus interview outcomes.
- Organize large-scale events at the law firm for local student market networking.
- Plan summer associate firm-wide orientation program. Additional responsibilities include: firm-wide oversight of summer associate workflow, overseeing summer associate advisor program, assisting with permanent offer decisions and planning and attending events.
- Assist with professional development and training for summer associates.
- Manage Legal Recruitment Department budget including tracking monthly expenses and participating in the budget forecast process.
- Responsible for working with marketing to maintain updated recruiting collateral and the external website.
- Oversee Legal Recruitment Coordinator and Legal Recruitment Assistant.
- Assist as necessary in firm-wide initiatives and ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years of work experience, preferably in law firm or professional services firm. Prior law firm recruitment experience or law school career services experience strongly preferred.
- Exceptionally strong organizational skills, and ability to prioritize workload. Must be able to handle pressure, extended hours (if requested), and work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively with all levels of firm personnel, as well as others outside of the firm.
- Sound judgment and creative problem solving skills, and ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Willingness to participate in weeknight events required.
- Travel required.