The Palo Alto Office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP is looking to hire a full-time Attorney Recruiting and Development Assistant. This person will provide administrative support to the Attorney Recruiting and Development Administrator and Senior Attorney Recruiting and Development Coordinator.
- Provides support with data-entry, applicant and expense tracking, departmental correspondence, prepares statistical information for internal and external use as needed.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of the summer associate program and law school student interview programs; interview scheduling; and new hire processing.
- Provides support with CLE administration, including monitoring attorney bar admissions, and continuing legal education compliance.
- Assists with training programs, professional development programs and new attorney orientations, including communicating with presenters to coordinate materials, secures conference rooms, A/V equipment, catering, events, etc.
- Assists with local office diversity initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages Firm resources responsibly.
- Complies with and understand Firm operation, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Firm computer software programs (e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation) with the ability to learn new software (Lawson, LawCruit, and internet and intranet applications including Skadline) and operations systems .
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well independently as well as effectively within a team.
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one year of progressively responsible administrative experience in a law firm or similar setting required or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against applicants or employees based on any legally impermissible factor including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship status, marital or familial status, domestic partnership status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, physical or mental disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), any protected military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic or dating violence, sexual assault or offense, or stalking.
If you are having technical issues applying for a position, please contact your local internet service provider. Applicants who are interested in applying for a position and require special assistance or an accommodation during the process due to a disability should contact Jennifer Lee at (212) 735-2073.
Skadden will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
BALRA members are also welcome to reach out to Caryn Morton directly with any questions, at [email protected] .