A service offering of Fenwick & West, FLEX provides high quality, customized and cost-effective interim in-house counsel staffing. Much like our market leading, entrepreneurial client base, Fenwick constantly seeks ways to innovate and remain best in class both for our legal work and for our client service. With this in mind, the firm launched FLEX.
The FLEX Attorney Recruiting Manager role oversees the hiring process of the FLEX attorney bench and manages the retention, professional development, and community involvement of the FLEX roster.
- In collaboration with the client development team, develop recruiting and hiring goals and a comprehensive plan on meeting the goals.
- Manage the hiring process, including creating job descriptions and developing a job posting strategy, evaluating candidate’s resumes against hiring needs, phone screening candidates, gathering interview feedback from the client development team, assessing the legal skills of the candidates through testing process, providing judgment calls regarding conflicts concerns, and reviewing and setting compensation for attorney candidates.
- Build significant professional relationships with attorneys on the FLEX roster and act as a main point of contact/liaison for the attorney community.
- Act as the main point person related to HR policy matters.
- In conjunction with marketing, develop a communications plan and communicate regularly with the FLEX attorney roster (with an emphasis on in-person and phone communications, but also through emails, standard mailings, website, group discussion leadership, blogging and other social media means, as appropriate) to develop brand affiliation and affinity with FLEX, counsel attorneys on professional development matters, and solicit recommendations on improvements to the FLEX program from the attorney population, etc.
- Communicate with attorneys to ensure the effective resolution of attorney issues as they arise.
- Support the client development efforts by making recommendations of attorneys to the client team for projects that the attorneys are interested in pursuing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- In depth understanding of areas of legal practice and attorney’s specific legal skill set and experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to adjust communication style to suit the current situation.
- Remain productive, efficient, conscientious and collaborative under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated, communicates appropriately in all professional settings and works well within a team environment.
- Extremely proficient in MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to comprehend complex legal and technical language.
The ideal FLEX Attorney Recruiting Manager candidate will have at least 3+ years of recruiting, professional development, or HR experience, or a position managing professionals with demonstrable hiring, recruiting, and networking experience. Candidates will have extensive knowledge of the legal industry and legal practice areas and preferably will have a degree in law.