Job Description Summary:
We have an opening for a Law School Recruiting Coordinator who will work closely with the Manager of Attorney Recruiting in planning of all aspects of the summer associate program and the coordination of the law school spring and fall recruiting process, hiring and diversity presentations and receptions. This position can be based from our Mountain View, San Francisco or Foster City office (with travel to local offices as needed).
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with the Manager of Attorney Recruiting to plan the summer program, prepare for and conduct orientation for all summer associates
- Coordinate and plan arrangements for the summer program events, including summer associate breakfast meetings
- Administer work assignment system, collect evaluations and coordinate mid and end of summer reviews
- Coordinate, assemble and distribute information about the summer associates: housing needs, arrival/departure dates, picture book, mid-summer review dates, summer program manual, etc.
- Work closely with the Manager of Attorney Recruiting to select summer associate buddies/mentors, and maintain communication throughout the summer to solve problems and assist in obtaining evaluations
- Maintain expense records relating to the summer associate program
- Coordinate law school 1L and fall recruiting process
- Prepare registration materials for fall on-campus interviewing, including updating statistical information in the Firm’s NALP form and other literatures
- Coordinate law school and hotel arrangements for on-campus interviewers
- Register for law school on-campus interviews and prepare on-campus interview folders for interviewers
- Direct preparation of letters to students rejected by on-campus interviewer, schedule call-back interviews and greet recruits
- Gather interview evaluations and prepare candidate evaluation packets for the Hiring Committee
- Follow up on Hiring Committee decisions (i.e., initiate letters to applicants, update files and records, track follow-up calls to applicants and updates recruiting statistics)
- Develop on-going relationships with law school career services offices and assure that they are provided updated information about the Firm practice, hiring goals and standards
- Coordinate all arrangements, mailings and marketing for programs, presentations and receptions
- Receive, screen and evaluate resumes from students/entry level attorneys
- Schedule in-office interviews and arrange interview schedules for candidates
- Assemble informational folders and prepare copies and distribute candidate evaluation packets
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Flexible with the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing work situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with all levels of Firm personnel as well as outside clients, including search firms and vendors
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- A strong interest in event planning
- Strong organizational skills
- Highly motivated
- Strong attention to detail (ability to enter information into databases, preferably Lawcruit)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of professional recruiting experience, preferably in a law firm environment.
Qualified candidates must apply online by vising our website at https://www.fenwick.com/pages/Careers-Professional-Staff.aspx.