Website Latham & Watkins LLP
About Latham & Watkins
Latham & Watkins is a global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world. The success of our firm is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation, and collaboration.
About The Role
The Attorney Recruiting Senior Coordinator is an integral part of Latham’s Attorney Recruiting team and will be responsible for working closely with the Local Recruiting Managers, Global Recruiting Managers, and the Director of Global Recruiting to support the Recruiting Committee in entry level hiring, lateral hiring, and to administer the firm’s global recruiting programs, while supporting the strategic initiatives of the Global Recruiting Committee and the Attorney Development Department, with emphasis on assisting local offices in their efforts, in addition to US hiring programs, initiatives, and projects. This role will be located in either our San Francisco or Silicon Valley office. Please note that this role may be eligible for a flexible working schedule that allows for a hybrid and in-office presence.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Other key responsibilities include:
- Assisting teams with campus interview and outreach efforts at target law schools
- Assisting local teams with lateral hiring and entry level hiring, as needed, including scheduling of screens and interviews, onboarding, integration, and event support
- Representing the firm at various schools throughout the recruiting season; offering expertise and appropriate judgment in guiding attorneys through the callback decision process
- Representing the firm at recruiting events and external functions such as information sessions, panel discussions, and career fairs as appropriate
- Using appropriate project management methodology for each project which includes: identification of needs, prioritization of requirements, and definition of project scope and documentation of all project-related activities
- Providing high-level support to the Manager of Associate Recruitment to coordinate all aspects of the annual Summer Associate Program, including social events, trainings, work assignments, performance evaluations, and mentorship opportunities to build relationships between Summer Associates and Attorneys
- Planning and coordinating all phases of the attorney recruitment process, including scheduling interviews, corresponding with candidates and attorneys throughout the decision process, preparing offer letters, organizing post-offer outreach, and initiating new hire onboarding procedures
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills (e.g., organizing, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making) necessary for effective management, and advanced communication skills, both written and verbal
- Display well-developed and professional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm, as well as the ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus
- Possess the ability to perceive and analyze complex problems, and a capacity to make or recommend sound decisions, as well as advanced organizational skills needed to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
- A Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant legal recruitment, law school career development, or professional services experience
Benefits & Additional Information
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Latham’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Healthcare, life and disability insurance
- A generous 401k plan
- At least 11 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Well-being programs (e.g. mental health services, mindfulness and resiliency, medical resources, well-being events, and more)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, we have a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Latham & Watkins is committed to diversity, equal opportunity, sustainability, and pro bono legal services. We draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms, and advance these commitments through the work of our Global Citizenship department. Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Our diversity makes us who we are. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
USD $100,000.00 – USD $115,000.00 /Yr.