Website Holland & Knight LLP
The Attorney Recruiting Coordinator will cover the Century City, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, and Portland offices. In collaboration with the Recruiting Manager, to whom this position reports, the Recruiting Coordinator is responsible for carrying out activities related to the recruiting and hiring of attorneys (summer associates, entry-level associates, and lateral attorneys) and organizing all phases of recruiting for summer associate and entry-level associate hires.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assists the legal recruiting manager with the recruitment process for summer associates, entry-level associates, lateral associates and lateral partners.
- Coordinates law school recruiting programs, including acting as a liaison with law school career services offices, registering for student interviews, reviewing student application materials, identifying attorney interviewers, providing interview details and travel information to students and interviewers, assembling interview materials, gathering candidate feedback, facilitating callback interview decisions in a timely manner; and developing pipeline programs for law school talent.
- Assists with building and strengthening relationships with law schools and law student groups to establish or enhance the firm’s brand on law school campuses, including various events and pipeline programs.
- Coordinates the callback interview process, including scheduling interviews, coordinating travel arrangements, preparing interview materials, greeting and communicating with candidates, obtaining interviewer feedback, working with practice group leaders, hiring partner, or hiring committee to facilitate offer decisions, and liaising with other firms with whom the firm may share student travel costs.
- Coordinates the firm’s summer associate program for designated offices, including facilitating communications with summer associates before and during the program; being a resource for the summer associates; assisting with onboarding and orientation tasks; assisting with summer associate evaluations; organizing networking and other events for the summer associates; assisting with the work assignment process; facilitating end-of-summer offer decisions and related processes; and helping the summer associates to have a positive experience with the firm.
- Oversees recruiting-related communications to law student applicants and prepares candidate and summer associate correspondence. May also assist with lateral candidate correspondence.
- Maintains in real time complete and accurate information regarding summer associate, entry-level, and lateral candidates in recruiting databases and on recruiting reports, including updating timely candidate records in LawCruit.
- Liaises with marketing to develop and produce quality recruiting materials, including brochures, flyers, videos, etc.
- Coordinates NALP form responses for designated offices; assists with other surveys as needed.
- Additional responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of law firm recruiting experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of summer associate and entry-level associate recruiting lifecycle.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Appreciation for the importance of diversity in our recruiting and hiring efforts.
- Flexibility and ability to work well under pressure and with rapidly changing priorities.
- Flexibility to work additional hours at night or on weekends during peak recruiting season.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to keep confidences and to interface diplomatically with lawyers and staff.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); Adobe; LawCruit (or similar recruiting database), and Zoom (or similar communication platform).
Bachelor’s degree required.
In accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law, the pay range for this position is $32.30 – $48.50 hourly. An individual’s actual compensation will depend on the individual’s qualifications and experience.