Website Gunderson Dettmer
Gunderson Dettmer, a 400+ lawyer business law firm singularly focused on the global venture capital and emerging technology marketplace, seeks to hire a Legal Recruiting Manager to support the Director of Legal Recruiting Manager and oversee lateral and entry-level legal recruiting of our California and Texas offices. The Legal Recruiting Manager will manage a team of coordinators and assistants and drive various aspects of the attorney hiring process and related initiatives. This position is currently remote and will be based primarily in the Redwood City office of Gunderson Dettmer, but will support multiple offices and have some flexibility to work in the San Francisco office. We are committed to being the employer of choice by working together to create an environment, in which each of our people can grow, take initiative, and develop a fun, fulfilling and financially rewarding career.
This is a great opportunity to join and lead a growing team. Relocation is possible for qualified candidates who are not currently resident in the San Francisco Bay Area.
· Manage the recruitment process for lateral associates and entry-level candidates, which include but are not limited to: maintain and conduct continued outreach to search firm recruiters, strategic sourcing via internal referrals and targeted searches, review and screen candidate materials, interview scheduling, candidate and recruiter correspondence, candidate due diligence and candidate follow-up;
· Drive efforts and oversee entry level recruitment, including but not limited to: partnering with law school career services offices and student organizations, event planning and support, on-campus interview registration, interview coordination, running Hiring Committee meetings and offer processes;
· Manage the execution of California and Texas Summer Associate Programs, including but not limited to: pre-onboarding communication, planning and execution of orientation, trainings and events, work assignment process, and evaluation collection;
· Utilize and compile recruitment statistics and data in order to report on and optimize recruitment processes;
· Supervise local Legal Recruiting Coordinators and Assistants.
· The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of prior legal recruiting experience in a law firm.
· Ability to work under pressure, prioritize competing demands and meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Superior written, organizational and communication skills
· Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
· Use of good judgment and discretion
· Ability to work across multiple offices, travel as needed and ability to do overtime, as needed
Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) are required. Experience with LawCruit or viRecruit is a plus.