Website Fenwick & West LLP
Fenwick is seeking a Manager of Attorney Recruiting who will be responsible for all phases of non-partner attorney recruitment. The position will focus on firmwide lateral associate searches for the Corporate practice group, in addition to lateral associate recruiting for other practice groups based on hiring needs. The Manager of Attorney Recruiting will also support the department’s overall responsibilities and projects, including as needed for on-campus recruiting and the summer program. This position can be based in any of our U.S. offices.
- Work with Firm leadership, practice group leaders and other partners and business professionals to conduct needs assessments, determine hiring needs and obtain necessary approvals to open searches; draft and manage job requisitions and post openings.
- Screen applications, coordinate review and tracking of applicants, schedule candidate interviews, prepare materials for offer decisions, and ensure proper follow up on candidate decisions and offers.
- Act as a central point of contact for candidates throughout their interview process and provide status updates and insights to partners and business professionals overseeing various searches; develop a strong understanding of firm policies, practices, strengths, and market differentiators and effectively communicate with candidates and answer candidate questions.
- Develop a deep understanding of the firm’s Corporate practices, among other practice areas (i.e., Intellectual Property, Litigation, and Tax practices), and serve as a trusted advisor to partners in the group.
- Monitor market conditions and trends, propose and implement recruiting strategies, processes and best practices, and generate and analyze data to support and enhance the firm’s lateral and summer associate recruiting efforts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with search firms; serve as an ambassador for Fenwick with outside recruiters, alumni, law schools and others.
- Update and maintain applicant tracking processes, including LawCruit and Workday.
- Timely and effectively respond to external and internal inquiries, maintain, streamline and organize appropriate records, generate reports and correspondence, and process invoices, reimbursements and expense reports, as needed.
- Assist with the Firmwide summer associate program, provide local office support during the Firm’s summer program, on-campus recruiting, law school outreach, and other Attorney Recruiting Department projects and initiatives as needed.
- Routinely collaborate with other Firm departments to support and enhance the Firm’s and the Attorney Recruiting Department’s projects and responsibilities.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of lateral attorney and summer associate recruiting processes and related firm policies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work well with all levels of Firm personnel, candidates and outside clients, including search firms and vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality work and maintain a strategic client service focus.
- Highly motivated, proactive self-starter who demonstrates ownership, initiative and strong work ethic.
- Adaptable and highly responsive to a quickly evolving and competitive talent market.
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task, handle stringent deadlines and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Excellent project management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and discretion as to confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire confidence in attorneys and business professionals at all levels including by communicating clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, and by actively listening and implementing solutions that respond to their needs.
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based software and Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), with the ability to learn new software applications quickly.
- Experience using applicant tracking and recruiting software packages, preferably LawCruit and Workday.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of law firm recruiting experience, including at least 2-3 years of lateral attorney hiring experience. Experience as an attorney or business professional supporting corporate practices is a plus. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred.
COVID Vaccine Policy
On July 7, 2021, Fenwick implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Fenwick will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Fenwick’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and-well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.