Website Fenwick & West LLP
Job Description Summary:
Fenwick is seeking an Attorney Recruiting Assistant who will provide general administrative support to the Attorney Recruiting Department, including support for Lateral Associate hiring and the firm’s Summer Associate program. The Attorney Recruiting Assistant will observe firm policies, confidentiality of firm matters, follow established best practice guidelines, and maintain positive interaction with all personnel. This position can be based in our New York (NY), Mountain View (CA), San Francisco (CA), Santa Monica (CA), or Seattle (WA) offices.
- Handle applicant correspondence and process incoming applications and resumes, including checking for prior submissions, entering information into Workday/LawCruit, and updating candidate files.
- Assist with correspondence with vendors and search firms. Assist with the onboarding process for lateral, entry-level, and summer associate hires.
- Schedule candidate interviews; prepare interview materials; greet candidates; make travel and other arrangements, as needed. Compile interview evaluations and prepare candidate evaluation packets for offer decisions; follow up on offer decisions, such as initiating letters to applicants, updating files and records and monitoring follow-up outreach to applicants.
- Support the summer associate program, including event planning, monitoring the assignment system, logistical support, tracking evaluations and coordinating summer associate evaluations and reviews.
- Support lateral associate hiring with scheduling assistance, candidate correspondence and routing of candidate materials.
- Handle offer correspondence and processing new hire forms for all attorney and summer associate hires. Initiate employment verification requests and conflicts clearances. Coordinate conflict clearance information.
- Maintain inventory of recruiting gifts, files, and records. Assist with annual file maintenance, records management, and maintain and update appropriate spreadsheets and databases.
- Handle check requests, departmental invoices, and candidate expenses. Process invoices for payment using appropriate billing accounts and maintain expense records.
- Prepare materials for on-campus interviewers, student outreach programs and other recruiting events. Assist with registration for on-campus interviews and other programs.
- Design and create attorney recruiting newsletters.
- Travel between offices to support recruiting programs, as needed.
- Perform other related duties and assignments, as assigned.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Desire and ability to learn the attorney recruiting processes.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under deadline pressure.
- Ability to communicate and interface with others effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer proficient with the ability to enter information into a database (preferably Workday and LawCruit). Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Prior law firm experience and knowledge of Workday and LawCruit a plus.
Reporting to the Lateral Recruiting Manager, the qualified candidate will have at least 1 year of experience in a professional service setting. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
COVID Vaccine Policy:
On July 7, 2021, Fenwick implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine. Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Fenwick will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Fenwick’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and-well-being of our employees and community, and to support public health efforts.