Website Baker Botts L.L.P.
Baker Botts, a full-service, leading international law firm recognized for our understanding of the industries we serve, is seeking a Recruiting Coordinator for our Recruiting Department. The individual in this position will support entry-level hiring, lateral hiring, and special projects. This is an exempt, full-time position resident in either the Palo Alto or San Francisco office.
- Plan and implement all aspects of the Summer Associate Program including on-boarding/off-boarding, work assignments and evaluations, advisor programs, budget tracking, and event planning and attendance.
- Maintain recruiting database, applicant tracking, generate all correspondence, statistical reporting and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate law school on-campus recruiting programs for assigned schools.
- Work with the local hiring partners and employment committees to coordinate callback interviews and the offer process for 1L and 2L candidates.
- Serve as outreach lead and manage all recruiting efforts at assigned law schools.
- Assist with all local lawyer on-boarding/off-boarding/status changes.
- Other projects as assigned by Hiring Partners, Recruiting Manager, Director of Recruiting, and local office Partner-in-Charge.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong work ethic and ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service focus.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required and two years of legal recruiting experience.
- This position requires occasional travel and ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor at all times.
- Must be highly organized, meticulously-detail oriented, while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple assignments, and work responsibly under pressure.
- Must be a highly resourceful team-player, and polite and respectful of others.
- Must speak and act professionally at all times and maintain a professional appearance.
Extent of Contact (Within and outside the Firm)
This position requires contact with individuals within the firm as follows:
- Extensive daily contact with lawyers, staff and colleagues.
- Frequent contact with outside vendors and law schools.
- Frequent contact with law students and potential lateral attorney hires.
- Must be able to routinely lift and carry file folders or other materials weighing up to 5-10 pounds.
- Must be able to work at a computer for considerable periods of time.
- Position requires extensive telephone use.
- Must be able to lift, squat, kneel and bend.
- Position requires the ability to visit face-to-face and on the phone with lateral lawyer candidates and firm lawyers.
Working Condition and Environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical office work environment.
- Position is full-time and requires a five-day work week and standard hours as outlined in the Firm policy manual. Additional hours, including weekend and evening hours may be required to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work well in high pressure environments.
- Must be able to perform essential duties of the position with time constraints and frequent interruptions.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to accommodation.
- This role may be hybrid and will require a minimum of three days per week (or at least 60%) present in the office, and up to two days per week (40%) may be performed remotely.
- Education Required
- Bachelors or better.
- Experience Required
- 2 years: minimum of legal recruiting experience.